Monday 11 November 2013

Seldom seen country


With my little family in toe, tranquility and bush is our destination, with only ourselves as a source of entertainment and limited, only by our own imagination.
A environment, lush and tantalizing with a motley of greens and browns.
Red colored dirt.
And with a climb, your senses are challenged, dry baron land, white snowy mountain gum, protruding from the hill tops.
Gorges that carve up the landscape, they hold tales of a ancient land, once connected.
Living things, unique only to this land.
To breath the scent of eucalyptus, trees hundreds of years old. I am humbled to be amongst these giants.
Whilst surrounded by this  raw beauty, the affects humans have had on this landscape, emotionally provoking that brings a heaviness to my heart.
The city that sets in your pores, is washed away in a river pristine and pure.
And to see the wildflowers in full bloom, I am intoxicated by their obscure detail and beauty.
On my last night, as I lay on the banks of the Timbarra, I sink deeper and deeper into the ground and stare out onto a sky, with a abundance of dancing stars, I embrace the now, and etch this journey into my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awareness

I have realised that there is much more to what I do.I have a impact on people and the way they think about certain subjects. Sowing the ...