Sunday 10 April 2016

re defining the artist within

When I was in high school, I used to paint. I really was not that great.For me the art room was a great place to hang out, I had a great teacher, we got along well and he would encourage me to paint what was important to me, and try and express how it influenced me. At the time I was a angsty teenager obsessed with music and my painting and drawings reflected that.
When I left school, I really didn't pursue my art, I felt like it had served it purpose for me,art had counselled and healed me through high school and it was time to move on. Throughout my adult life, I would buy sketch books here and there, but I have never really picked up a brush again.
In my mind I had to re establish my relationship with art as a form of expression.
I have discovered different medium to express my creativity whether that is creating clothing,poetry or crafting using fibre as a art medium.

Over the summer we went camping with some really good friends, they are our camping companions, going bush without them, feels very strange.
A place we went to for a day trip has etched itself into my memory.
It's beauty consumed me, I was in my element.

This week I had a child and husband free night, that's a rare thing!
I had so many grand plans, I was going to go to the gym, maybe a movie, go to yoga, eat whatever I wanted, enjoy a quiet gin. So many plans, so little time.
Well in the end I actually did none of them,instead I came home and crafted. I knew I had to commit a couple of hours, fibre craft requires time and patience.
The piece took me a long time, I needle felted areas of it.
I made peace with my inner artist and finally got that majestic place out of my mind.
                                                                         My supplies
                                                              For the love of wild county

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awareness

I have realised that there is much more to what I do.I have a impact on people and the way they think about certain subjects. Sowing the ...