Wednesday 6 April 2016

Meaningful work

At the moment, I am working in three centers, running a garden and sustainability program. I have witnessed a progressive shift in awareness among the staff and in particular the children. 
It truly is a great feeling to create a connection with children and pass on knowledge about caring for our environment. I love coming in and hearing the enthusiasm in the voices of the young children, eager to join me in the garden.
Whilst we are doing meaningful work and learning about the importance of growing food, there are other elements at play. I have noticed and observed the way children interact with each other,and how they work things out among themselves. The work that is being done in the garden has a ripple affect to a child's learning, the inter personal and social skills that emerge, is profound.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Awareness

I have realised that there is much more to what I do.I have a impact on people and the way they think about certain subjects. Sowing the ...