Sunday 16 August 2015

Talking worms

A while ago now, I finished my incursions with a kinder in the inner north of Melbourne.I set up the compost system for them. I gathered my resources and over a few weeks, I spoke to the children about worms,what they like to eat, how we can take care of them, and most importantly how we can harvest their wee, oh that was a great talking point!
The information was so well received by the children, in the end instead of calling me by my name, they named me the worm lady! Kids, they can be so straightforward!
We ventured to CERES to collect our worms and also check out the composting systems there and their worm farms.
It has been a great journey for me. I have created a program that has worked so well for this center.It  has made me feel,  that I can create that connectedness with children, and teaching them about their food is such a important message, it is something we can all be doing.
Here are a few pictures of our worms.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Awareness

I have realised that there is much more to what I do.I have a impact on people and the way they think about certain subjects. Sowing the ...