Sunday 9 August 2015

Incursion on tomatoes


 I have been doing an incursion program with a kinder in the inner north of Melbourne. It was a term incursion introducing the center to sustainability practices focusing on composting systems.
At the same time I was educating the children on all things wormie, as well as some natural based crafts. The incursions started with tomatoes. I wanted to introduce the children to the varieties of tomatoes, when in season. We talked about seasons, and when things grow best, this is my fundamental message to the kids. The children were surprised that tomatoes came in such shapes,sizes and colors. They commented on the flavor and juiciness. I walked in with a bag full of tomatoes and I walked out empty handed, it really made me feel like I had made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awareness

I have realised that there is much more to what I do.I have a impact on people and the way they think about certain subjects. Sowing the ...