Saturday 15 March 2014

Childrens garden

Some of you might know, I work within a child care centre, I run a gardening program and look after the veggie boxes and do some general gardening.
We have been harvesting, tomatoes, zucchinis and recently beans and capsicums.
Even though the children and I have treated the plants with milk and water spray we have powdery mildew on our zucchinis. I feel it is time to pull them out, re condition the soil and plant for winter.
I gain so much from teaching children, where their food comes from and the basics of gardening. They enjoy being outside and are always full of questions and are constantly asking, if they can come out and garden with me. I believe a kitchen garden should be in every school, kindergarten and child care center.
Here are some pictures of my work, whats happening in your garden?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Awareness

I have realised that there is much more to what I do.I have a impact on people and the way they think about certain subjects. Sowing the ...